Since Music Together’s inception over 30 years ago, the utmost value has been placed on in-person, community-oriented music classes. We believe that is the best way to experience music...TOGETHER!
However, we now find ourselves in an unprecedented time where we are being asked to stay home for the safety of others around us, and adapt to a new lifestyle (for now). Here's how we can help your family through this new challenge...
Online Music Classes for the Whole Family!
With Music Together® Online, you’ll have access to the same high-quality music and movement curriculum loved by millions of families and teachers around the world—from home!
Like all our classes, Music Together Online is designed to teach the way young children learn: through play. During each online music class, Music Together teachers from your local center will lead music activities for the whole family to sing, play, and jam along to and show you how to make everyday items like dish towels, pots, and stuffies into musical props. Even though your teacher is on the screen, each class has been designed as an active music-making experience for little ones and their grownups.
All classes will use the award-winning songs from the Maracas Song Collection. When you enroll, you will receive a code to download your music and digital songbook through our award-winning Hello Everybod app. You’ll also receive an invitation to an online community exclusively for enrolled parents, with bonus at-home activities and inspiration to keep the music-making going throughout the week.
Classes are appropriate for children under 7, but the entire family is welcome (and encouraged!) to participate in the musical fun!
We have put together a package of interactive music experiences and resources that create a comprehensive music learning program with the same high quality you're used to with the Music Together® program.
Here's what your family can look forward to:
- One 30-minute interactive virtual music circle with Miss Josie! Josie will visit your home through Zoom, a fantastic meeting tool that enables all participants to see each other. Instead of going to your class once a week, your class will come to you, via computer, tablet or phone. Class size is limited.
- Unlimited “Drop-in” classes in any Zoom class that has space available. (Families register for one scheduled class time and then “drop-in” to any other classes that have space).
- 2 scheduled weekly LIVE Facebook broadcasts by Miss Josie in a private Facebook group that is exclusive to enrolled Families. You can tune in live or watch the videos any time.
- 1 weekly LIVE bedtime lullaby and goodnight broadcast by Miss Josie in the Facebook Group.
- Pre-recorded videos, by Miss Josie utilizing your Maracas session songs, including more lullabies.
- Additional content provided exclusively to Maracas families by Music Together Worldwide with videos related to musical crafts, activity ideas, lullabies, parent education and more.
- Exclusive access to videos from our very own “Uncle Gerry”!
- Downloadable Family Resources (colouring pages, musical games etc.)
- A family access code to download your NEW Maracas Collection songs through the Hello Everybody App or on the Music Together Website.
Each live Zoom session will be unique and will NOT be recorded for later use. so get comfy in your home and sing and dance with us! The Facebook LIVE Broadcasts will be posted to enable resgitered families to re-watch any time.
Worried about Screen Time?
When children have the active participation of a caregiver or parent With them, they are learning by example from those they love most, not from a screen. SO, just like in our classes, YOU are still the most important part of this expereince for your child! Your teacher will be on the screen facilitating and you and your child will be able to see other families on the screen, but it is truly their interactions wil parents/caregivers that will support a child's music development and bring them joy!
We feel Strongly that the integrity of the Music Together program will remain intact and we will provide a format that we are certain you will appreciate and enjoy, given the stay-at-home restrictions that we must follow at present. We are still music educators with the goal to provide the highest quality music learning experience for your child, as well as a joyful musical community for all.
Now, more than ever, music and community, schedules and rituals are particularly important to children, and to all of us. Even though we can't be together in person, we can be silly, interactive and playful "together" in the virtual classroom.
We make the world a better place when we make it more musical! So let's stay strong, build community, and MAKE MUSIC.....TOGETHER!